Mar 28, 2011

Feeling A Change In The Winds

Just a short little post to start off the week:

I'm all moved back in to my mom's house and already I have felt so many changes in my stress levels and in my body. Almost immediately upon returning home and getting all of my things out of the toxic apartment, my appetite has returned and so far I have had zero pain issues. Yes, my mind is apparently that strong and the apartment was causing me that much stress. I couldn't believe it. I have even been cooking more and experimenting more with foods and cooking already (with delicious, successful results for once), and it's only been 3 days! The transition from a one-person household back into a two-person household is going to be a bit tricky at first, but I'm sure that we will get back in to the flow of things soon enough. Hopefully I can pick up on my new bus schedule quickly!

My mom has been beyond supportive throughout all of this and I feel so fortunate to have a mother who would allow me to re-invade her life so much with very little notice. My mom really is my best friend and is the person that I am closest with nowadays. We even hit up World Market yesterday to take advantage of their Friend and Family discount sale. We walked away with a ton of stuff for only $14! (Thanks again, Fitnessista). Among the steals was: Strawberries & Champagne Dark Chocolate, seaweed snacks, ramekins, Torrani SF raspberry syrup, and miso soup mix.

In other news, if you follow me on Twitter, then you know that I have decided to compete in my very first HALF MARATHON this September. I plan on following a modified Hal Higdon Novice training plan. This will be a bit tricky, because in May and June I will be taking a fitness class at the university for my degree, but I plan on using those workouts as supplements or replacements to my training runs and workouts depending on what we do. Also, I will be gone for the entire month of July for my Tanzania trip. The trip will be pretty physically demanding, so I'm confident that it can be incorporated into my training plan and to do a few weeks of stepping back when I arrive back in the States to get me back on track. I'm so excited to be able to share this with all of you, but my 5K this past weekend really inspired me as to the strength and adaptability of the human body and the healing powers of a well though out diet. I even took the plunge and finally bought a Garmin Forerunner 305 and Brendan Brazier's book, Thrive, with the rest of my Amazon gift card leftover from Christmastime! Both should be here early this week.

FIVE weeks of classes and ONE week of finals stands in between me and the end of the semester. So much to do, but I already have a pretty good start on my deadlines. Let's crank it OUT, do work son, and all that jazz!

Anyone else out there training for a half marathon or already completed a half marathon who wants to give me some advice?

1 comment:

  1. YAY for the 1/2! im doing my first one in october!!! hal higdon has great training plans!

    ReplyDelete