Apr 11, 2011

High Five

FOOD

Breakfasts this weekend have been totally amazeballs! Remember my boatmeal from Friday? Well, I did two more variations on that recipe on Saturday and Sunday as well. Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal:

IMG_0002

And this, my favorite of the weekend, Peanut Butter-Stuffed Baked Oatmeal with a cinnamon apple compote sort of a thing on top:

IMG_0011

I’ll probably be posting both of those recipes the next time I make them, I just wanted to make sure that they turned out well enough to be worth tweaking and posting.

Other recent eats include iced oatmeal cookies, macaroni and “cheese”, taco salads, and strawberry-banana “soft-serve”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIFE

Three more weeks of classes and one exam week to go. Then one week off and right into summer session. I’m determined to graduate in 4 years and not a semester more! Management, Psychology, Spanish, and Kinesiology are going to be my best friends from May-August and I’m perfectly okay with that.

This week seems to be shaping up to be quite fast. Today, I have a term paper to turn in; exam on Tuesday; 6-page rough draft of research paper due and Mike Posner concert on Wednesday; and Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society from Friday through Saturday (overnight).

Record highs this weekend in the area. With all this heat, and our air conditioning not being turned on yet for the season, all I want are cold drinks and fruit!

4_10_11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FITNESS

Progress on #29. My boyfriend and I went to a new-ish Thai restaurant in town. It was actually pretty good! If only I weren’t so sensitive to spicy foods. I got a mild Pad Pak with tofu and even that was too hot for me! But, it was the perfect dinner after my awesome 5-miler on Saturday.

Mile 1: 8:31
Mile 2: 8:19
Mile 3: 8:07
Mile 4: 8:14
Mile 5: 8:13

I ran into some trouble once I hit 3.6 miles, so I took it a bit slower for the rest of the run, hence the increase in time for miles 4 and 5. I’m pretty sure that this is the first time that I’ve run 5 consecutive miles since August, so I was pretty pumped up after this run! I chugged some Very Vanilla Silk once I got back to the house. Delicious! I’m so glad that I’ve learned better what to do in reference to fueling my runs, both before and after. And I can’t wait to learn even more!

I’ve been sticking with my training plan pretty well so far. Only a few hiccups with weather interfering. But, I’ve got several fitness DVDs so I think I can handle a day or two of Crunch or Jillian rather than going out on a run. Just as long as it isn’t everyday. I get bored with dong the exact same thing every time I watch a DVD. Whereas running is a new experience every time! Again, you can follow my training on dailymile or the “Training” tab up top.

Anyone else craving fruit now that the weather is finally heating up?

3 comments:

  1. Omg that cookie dough boatmeal looks amazing!! I can't wait till you post the recipe :) That oozing pb has my mouth watering :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crave fruit (mostly in the frozen form) on a regular basis, even in the winter, haha.

    I'm glad to see you're doing so well, I can tell by the enthusiasm in your post that you seem a much cheerier (is that a word?).

    When I first saw the second photo, I thought you topped your breakfast with some potato cubes. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Love your blog! :) Can't wait to start reading!

    ReplyDelete