Jun 25, 2010

Hating Unpredictability

Family stuff went well, I think. At least my mother seemed satisfied with the occasion, and that's what's important, right? It has been a hot, hot day, however, and I'm glad I decided to go au naturel as I would have been sweating it off like crazing and clogging my poor pores.


This dress has been one of my greatest investments. I wore it to my sister's wedding rehearsal in May 2009, my open house in June 2009, and a wedding in May 2010. It's from The Limited and, though it's a tiny bit too big now, still works pretty well as long as I readjust throughout the day (haha).

Any-woo, we went back to my aunt's house and had food, during which I had a delicious bowl of my mother's fruit salad which included pineapple, grapes, strawberries, oranges, and blueberries. Also, for my protein boost of the midday, I tried a Luna Protein bar in Cookie Dough. It was quite a bit melted by the time I got to it, but it was still good nonetheless. Tasted a bit mocha-coffee-y. Yum. I wasn't able to get a picture first, so one from the internet will have to do. 12g protein well invested, especially after the 2(ish) mile, 30 minute walk the cousins and I took under the summer sun (in flip-flops, my feet kill right now).


Now I'm back home and I treated myself to some French Apple yogurt with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal on top. I was thinking that the cinnamon sugar would complement the apple nicely, and I was right! Very good indeed.


After I digested a bit I went on another run. 13:37 to run 1.38 miles making my pace 9:54 and my speed 6.1mph. I felt like I could have gone farther, however, but the streetlights had come on and I was beginning to be attacked by mosquitoes (escaped with only 2 bites that have swollen to about the size of a dime). Now I'm off to work on a recipe binder and get some sleep so I can wake up early to run and shower before I hang out with Lyle. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment