Oct 17, 2010

Homecoming and Time Warp

Saturday

Early morning wake-up to study. Breakfast of old-fashioned oats made in my icky Vanilla tea, mixed with chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pureed pumpkin, and topped with Grape Nuts, maple syrup, and PB&Co. White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter.

IMG_0007

Yesterday was State’s homecoming parade and so today was the homecoming game against Illinois. Rather than watch the game, I opted to go shopping with my mom to get a few more fall-appropriate clothing items that look semi-professional for work, meetings, and other such occasions. I walked away with a wonderful navy skirt from Gap as well as two sweaters and two camisoles from Old Navy. I’m pleased, considering how hard it is to shop for me. It also allowed me to get some ideas for my Christmas list (yes, I already have people asking for a wishlist from me for Christmas gift ideas).

Lunch was a banana, a small carrot and spinach salad, and a Chocolate Chip CLIF ZBar. State won the football game, making us now 7-0 and (apparently), Gerard Butler was at the game. Very suiting indeed (alright, I admit it, I didn’t know who he was since I’ve never seen 300).

I don’t know why I’m so tired today, but I have felt a need for caffeine like no other since before noon and focusing past 4 o’clock became impossible. Enter: one-hour free computer game trials! Yeah, I party hard.

Sunday

I studied a bit for Nutrition and Biology this morning, and then made a bowl of oatmeal: old-fashioned oats made in Vanilla tea, mixed with chia seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, flaxseed meal, and pureed pumpkin, and topped with the last of my Grape Nuts, some dried berries, maple syrup, and PB&Co. WCW.

IMG_0015

Unfortunately, I basically completely forgot about food throughout the day. Before I knew it, in between watching Friends in the background of reading for Biology and Nutrition, it was 6 o’clock. I had eaten a banana and a Honeycrisp apple at some point during the day, but there was never really any meal that was prepared and then eaten. That’s a problem I sometimes have. I get so engrossed in what I’m doing that I forget about the time and normal human body processes.

So by the time I allowed myself to take an actual break, I was, unsurprisingly, quite hungry. It was quite time-intensive and a bit laborious, but I had a meal and mind and no way was I going to talk myself out of it. Spaghetti squash, mixed with broccoli, and topped with tomato sauce and a few spices and seasonings. It turned out much better than I thought it would and made for one very happy study tummy. The lighting was terrible, since we have no overhead lighting in the apartment, but I’m glad that I subbed in the tomato sauce for a cheese sauce at the last minute.

IMG_0021

Alright now kiddies, back to work. Tomorrow’s the beginning of yet another week. Let’s hope this one proves to be better than the previous.

No comments:

Post a Comment