Oct 8, 2010

No Good and Date Night Do-Over

Thursday

This morning, I did not feel like heading over to the gym. So, instead, I did two sets of this 10-minute Total Body Workout:
- 1. 1 minute Jog
- 2. 1 minute Push-Up with a Side Plank
- 3. 1 minute Front Lunge with Chest Flies
- 4. 1 minute Backward Lunge with a Triceps Kickback
- 5. 1 minute Squats and Overhead Shoulders
- 6. 1 minute Jump squats
- 7. 1 minute Plie squats
- 8. 1 minute Plank
- 9. 1 minute Jackknives
- 10. 1 minute Cool Down

I showered afterwards and then set out to make breakfast. Old-fashioned oats made in Vanilla Caramel tea, mixed with chia seeds, cinnamon, flaxseed meal, nutmeg, and pureed pumpkin, and topped with Grape Nuts, maple syrup, and PB&Co. WCW peanut butter. I also brewed myself a cup of Celestial True Blueberry tea to help try and fight the cold I seem to have come down with.

IMG_0013

Long, long, long, long day today. I packed a spinach salad with artichoke hommus and Italian dressing to mix in and a Peanut Butter Cookie LUNA Bar for lunch, a banana for a snack, and Cascadian Farm Raisin Bran with Cinnamon Brown Sugar almonds accompanied by an Envirokidz Peanut Butter Crispy Rice bar for dinner.

IMG_0015

The reason I had to bring so much food with me to class today was because I would be gone from 9:20am until 9:00pm since I had an exam at night for my Economics class. Just another reason for me to dislike Thursdays. But, I think that the fact that my lab did not have to go out into the field today and that I wore the new Larabar shirt that I won to class made it all a bit more tolerable.

IMG_0007

I have no idea how the exam went, nor do I really care right now. I’m in a terrible mood, have had a not so great day now that it’s all said and done with, and I have a terrible weekend to look forward to. I’m just trying to use all my energy to keep myself together right now… It’s not working. I literally cried for hours, not quite knowing why, and it wouldn’t stop. I wanted to hit myself for being so stupid, weak, emotional, angry, and a plethora of other emotions. What started out as a perfectly fine day, ended up in destruction and disaster.

Friday

No workout this morning. I used that time to do work for class and study instead. It didn’t help that I got another bad night of sleep, due to stress and the apparent need of drunk college students to be very, very loud in the early hours of the morning. I somehow spent almost 3 hours doing work before I finally ended up making breakfast. The usual: old-fashioned oats made in Vanilla Caramel tea, mixed with chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pureed pumpkin, and topped with maple syrup, PB&Co. White Chocolate Wonderful, and Grape Nuts with some True Blueberry tea to drink.

IMG_0010

I snacked on a banana and a piece of dark chocolate a little bit later, but was not hungry to eat a lunch before I had to leave for Food Safety, so that was just forgone for the time being. I think sometimes I just get so busy that I can’t or don’t respond to my body’s signals. Part of it today, though, is most likely from my cold and the fact that I’m downing mug after mug of hot tea as often as possible. My stomach never really empties itself since I”m always adding fluids to it which I think explains the lack of hunger thing. I still made sure to bring along an Envirokidz Peanut Butter Crispy Rice bar, though, and had a small bowl of All-Bran with cinnamon and USVAB when I got home.

Then I was off to beautify myself. Lyle and I were supposed to have a date night last Friday night, but I had to cancel because I was too sick, so we rescheduled for this week. Since I basically own nothing nice or even nice-ish, I once again assembled an outfit out of borrowed clothing. Floral bubble-like skirt, plain back top, and black flats.

We went to Cosi, since it’s supposed to be a nice soup-salad-sandwich kind of a place. Well, neither one of us was very pleased. For one thing, if I order a Hummus and Vegetable sandwich, I kind of expected there to be hummus in the sandwich. And biting into a basil leaf the size of my hand and a red onion being in the dominant vegetable was entirely pleasing either. Also, a Chicken Parmesan melt has never meant the same thing as a Chicken Margherita pizza. And to think, I’ve been wanting to try this place for a very long time now and I was greatly disappointed. Live and learn…

Fun’s over now, back to work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUST A REMINDER TO ENTER MY LARABAR GIVEAWAY! JUST POST A COMMENT ON THE GIVEAWAY PAGE BEFORE 6:00PM EST ON OCTOBER 11, 2010 TO BE ENTERED INTO THE GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment