Feb 7, 2011

At Ease

How are we already 1/4 of the way through February?

School is... school. I go to class, I take notes, I do the readings. That is not to say that I don't enjoy my classes, because I do. I have completely fallen into a routine in the past week (despite the fact that we had a snow day; the third in the history of the school and the first in about 35 years). While this makes life seem easier, I'm bored at the same time. Routine can be good, and I'm not so structured that I don't allow myself some spontaneity, but it also means that you fall into ruts.

Well, right now I'm in a rut. I'm happy that I have found plenty of time to get myself to the gym 4-5 times a week and I'm even more pleased to notice changes happening in my body already. I am no longer afraid of free weights heavier than 3 lbs and I am no longer intimidated by weight machines. I'm utilizing the resources that I have at hand. I'm still doing cardio on the elliptical and stationary bike but avoiding the treadmill (my lungs still won't allow me to run for some reason).

I'm trying to cook more and rely less on frozen dinners and cereal or bars for meals (I only have one entree and a burrito in my freezer right now). I've been finding this a little hard, however, since I have such a strict budget when it comes to food each week. Where does all the $$ go!? This weekend, for a Super Bowl party, I made Chewy Chocolate Raspberry Cookies from Veganomicon. They were delicious! I was especially happy that I was able to make them sugar-free for my Papa Bear (note: this is what I call my best friend's dad). This is the second recipe that I've tried out of this cookbook and I am really impressed with both results. I hope that another occasion will pop up in the near future for me to try another!

What I'm trying to say is this: I think that I'm "too comfortable" with life right now. Everything is too easy, too laid-back, too free. I have so many plans and I keep thinking about the future and I'll that I will do once I get there, but in the here and now I'm bored and looking for something to do.

Can anybody help me out? I don't feel like I'm explaining myself very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment