Feb 15, 2011

I Don't Usually Ask For Help, But...

Today, I'd like to share with you something that is very near and dear to my heart. Last year, I participated in my campus' Relay for Life campaign. Relay for Life is a fundraising event done through the American Cancer Society. Relay for Life is an overnight event designed to Celebrate those who are fighting cancer, Remember those who have lost their battles, and Fight Back against a disease that takes too much from too many people.

I am participating again this year, but taking on a much bigger role in leadership as second-in-command on my team: Never Lose Hope.

I ask that anybody who is able donate whatever they can to the cause as I stick it out for 16 hours outside on the campus track.

This event means so much to me because some of the strongest and greatest people that I know had their lives taken from them by breast cancer in early 2009. Both my grandmother and my youth group leader (and mentor) passed away within a month of each other from this horrendous disease. I pay homage to them and to the many more men and women who are diagnosed every year and the families who support them.

So, please consider giving what you can.

Relay for Life is happening April 15-16, 2011. Please help us reach our goals.
Click here to make a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment