Jun 27, 2010

Hey Mr. Rain Man

It's been raining off and on all day. Not even little sprinkles, I'm talking zero to flash flood in seconds. Grocery shopping was a major success. I got almost everything on my list and more and still stayed under budget! I can't wait to show you guys all of the new goodies I'm going to be trying in the next few weeks.


After shopping for about 1.5 hours, I was famished and ready to get home and eat lunch. I finally made up the Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers in Steak Portobello that's been lurking in my pantry for a few weeks now. It was decent enough, but I don't think I would get it again if I had the chance. This was followed up by a checkout treat I saw and sounded good: Nature's Select Toasted Soycrisps in Barbecue. These were very good. Crunchy and an instant hit of flavor when you pop them in your mouth, and so much protein in a bag (7g)!


23g of protein in all! Now I plan on playing some free trials of some video games that have been stacking up on my desktop over the past couple of weeks. This is the first time I've really gotten to chill out on my own pretty much since spring semester ended at the beginning of May. Too bad that after midnight tonight I'll have a stack of things to do again, but I'm really looking forward to the 3-day weekend coming up for the Fourth.

I had an afternoon snack of fresh corn that my mom had cut up. Then I set out on a 1.55 mile reading walk for about half an hour. Now it's nine and I'm flipping through television channels and snacking on Kashi TLC Pumpkin Spice Flax Crunchy Granola Bars and a bowl of mandarin oranges. The granola bars reminded me a lot of Nature Valley's products, but I was having a major pumpkin craving and these looked like just the thing to satisfy me. There wasn't quite enough flavor for my preference, but they were still a very good snack. A nice little 8g of protein to wrap up the day with.


Question: What are everyone's plans for the Fourth of July? Family get-together? Trip to the lake? Evening in with a good book?

No comments:

Post a Comment