Aug 6, 2010

Hershey's Just Doesn't Cut It

Pre-run snack was a piece of rinky-dink Hershey's dark chocolate; not nearly as good as the other brands that I've been eating. Can't wait until tomorrow when I can stop by a decent place for good quality dark chocolate. Since I didn't feel too hot this morning, I planned on only doing a short run to start the day out right: 2.4 miles in 22:28. I'm getting faster! Yay! Yummy oatmeal for breakfast, although rushed. I didn't have time for more than a little washcloth sink cleaning up and didn't have proper time to prepare breakfast or lunch either. Anyways, in the mix this morning were old-fashioned oats, flax meal, peanut butter, 1/2 banana, cinnamon, and Grape Nuts.


Luckily, it was a short day at work today, even though it had to start unnaturally early. I snacked on some chocolate-raspberry bites after our lab meeting and ate a nectarine before my bike home to tide me over until I could make myself lunch. I love working half days on Friday because it's like the weekend just got a little bit longer! And, really, who could hate a blessing like that?

I caught up on my free computer game trials and watched The Navigator in between. I love this movie. It is one of my favorite of all time and features a very young Sarah Jessica Parker. Also made some pretty good headway on the book I'm reading and will probably (hopefully) finish it either tonight or tomorrow.


WEEKEND TO-DO LIST:
- Haircut
- 5-mile run (*fingers crossed!*)
- Goodwill donations
- Shopping
- Breakfast with friend
There's probably more to this, but I just can't remember them at this time.

Tonight I'm going to a baseball game and a fireworks show afterwards, so it's going to be a "late night" for me. Later everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your run! I know you'll rock that five miles...pace yourself and you can do anything!

    ReplyDelete