Aug 9, 2010

Square One

Early morning doctor appointment meant no run this morning. However, and luckily, I did still get to enjoy my much beloved oatmeal: old-fashioned oats, peanut butter, flax meal, raspberry preserves, 1/2 banana, cinnamon, and Grape Nuts. Oh, oatmeal, I can't even go a day without needing you in my life. Some might call this addiction, but as far as addictions go I'd say that we can just let this one slide.


One of things I don't like about running later in the day is that I feel like I have to take more care with what I eat throughout the day up until that point, and I find it hard to adequately prepare myself when I'm at work all day rather than at home. The lack of actual breaks and a lunch hour also factors in to that I think. I snacked on some yogurt and Fiber One cereal mid-morning, followed by a Peanut Butter and Jelly Larabar and a Gala apple at lunch with a Kashi bar in the afternoon. The aroma of the PB&J Larabar was spot on, and the taste wasn't too bad either. Maybe not quite like the real deal sandwich, but a pretty good substitue nonetheless. Definitely one of the better Larabars out there, in my opinion.


Work was spent reading and marking pages in Glamour Magazine. I was surprised and pleased to see that they had a page about Operation Beautiful. Since Caitlin's book just came out in stores, there has been a lot of hype surrounding this and I'm glad to see it's really getting the attention that it deserves. I mean, she got to be on television and everything! I myself don't have the book yet, but maybe in a few months for Christmas or my birthday or something. It isn't high on my priority list right now (Note: reading the book itself, not listening to the message that it is spreading).


Rain coupled with general exhaustedness meant that my run did not occur this evening as planned, but I don't feel too terrible about it; just a little bit. I had to walk the 3.5 miles from work to my house this afternoon (sweaty sweaty sweaty) since I was not able to ride my bike in to work this morning, so I guess that makes up for it a little bit, although I still feel bad about it. I also did a tiny bit of yoga to try and stretch myself out as well as bits of ab work throughout the evening (bicycles, boats, double crunches, etc.).

On the medical front, we appear to be all the way back at "Square One" now. I'm going to be trying out a new medication that doesn't actually have anything to do with my ulcers, because apparently that is not the reason that I'm still in pain. My bloodwork is perfect. Literally. All of the tests they ran came up completely normal. So, if this medicine or the alternative medication in case this new one doesn't work, then it's off to more and expensive tests. If it weren't for the fact that this "disease" (or whatever it is) interferes so much with living a normal life and assisted in me lose a considerable amount of weight when I'm already a slender being, I probably would just suck it up. But, as it stands, it is doing all of those things and so I need to get answers.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel terrible about the run. It will just mean a better run another day. I also find it hard to run later in the day. It feels like so much can happen during the day that affects the run. Tomorrow is a new day!

    ReplyDelete