Aug 12, 2010

Long Time No See

I have sort of been neglecting my cross-training lately, so this morning I set myself up for a 40 minute date with my pilates DVD and 3lb weights in the living room. I was feeling pretty low on energy and enthusiasm for most of the workout, but by the end I could finally actually feel a little spring in my step. Breakfast was PBandJ Oatmeal in my favorite mug that I received when I got my wisdom teeth removed. Anyone know where I can get big mugs like this? I can't find them anywhere!


PBandJ Oatmeal
1/3 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 c water
cinnamon
1 T flax meal
2 T Grape Nuts
1 T peanut butter
1 T raspberry preserves

I'm so jealous of all the bloggers at the Healthy Living Summit in Chicago right now. But, alas, I have work and doubt I would have been able to afford to go anyway. But that's okay, even if it seems like my entire blogroll will be busy not posting this weekend, because I have made plans to attempt another long run on Saturday and a rest day tomorrow due to having to go into work early for a meeting/presentation.

Work was dreary and energy-zapping. I spent most of the morning in the basement potting plants and when I finally surfaced it was definitely time for a snack to keep me going through until lunchtime. Annie's Cheddar Bunnies to the rescue once more! Lunch was a repeat performance of yesterday. Whatever lettuce does not get used today is going straight into the trash, so I figured I better use as much of it as possible today; meaning a wrap was in store for dinner once again! Now I just need to finish off those sprouts somehow...


Today I was pretty anxious to finish my experiment and get home, because I had a "date" to meet up with a friend that I hadn't seen in about 3 months and it had been about 8 months since we've really gotten to talk and just hang out (and even then it was by accident!). But it was good. We talked a little and would have spent some time watching goofy Youtube videos, but my internet wasn't working, so we played Pirates of the Caribbean LIFE instead (I won!).

Now I'm curled up into a little ball of pain waiting for sleep to come; hopefully it will soon. Darn. I really wanted these pills to work, but I guess they don't make any difference after all. At least tomorrow is Friday and payday.and I'm planning on doing a serious yoga session before breakfast. Going to try the other prescription the doctor gave me in case this one doesn't help starting tomorrow. Let's hope this one helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment