Sep 5, 2010

Lazy Sunday

The morning started out well enough. I felt good enough to run this morning. 3.50 miles keeping a 6.5-6.8 mph pace through most of it and sprinting up to 7.1 mph for the last few minutes. It’s strange, but as soon as I stop running I start feeling the pain again, even though I felt perfectly fine throughout the entire run. Breakfast was eaten despite the pain because I knew that I needed to: old-fashioned oats made with Raspberry Zinger tea, mixed with chia seeds, cinnamon, and flaxseed meal, and topped with Grape Nuts, PB&Co. CRS, almonds, and cherry preserves. Cherry preserves have a very different consistency than the raspberry preserves, but it’s a nice change of pace even though it will take me another two months to finish this jar.

IMG_0001

One of my meese (mooses? moosi?) wanted to eat my bowl of oats. Omnomnom… I took a nap soon after breakfast was over. I had laid down and was curled into a ball and I guess I passed out for a little while, and missed an entire disk or two of Friends (season 6). Since I was still in pain after the nap, I broke down and decided to take some of the pain killers the hospital gave me the other day. It took about 1-1.5 hours for it to kick in enough that I felt like I could get out of my ball, but I’m still not pain-free.

The pain and exhaustion prevented me from eating until dinnertime. I’d really been looking forward to it since I was cooking for Lyle and myself and was glad that I was able to stand up long enough to prepare everything. Asiago Cheese Tortelloni and broccoli cuts. The tortelloni wasn’t my favorite, but it was free as part of a deal at the grocery store so I can’t complain too much.

IMG_0001(1)

The evening’s festivities were completed with re-watching the episodes of Friends that I was originally asleep for and hitting the hay early as usual. Not like I didn’t sleep all day or anything, right?

Labor Day tomorrow means no school! Hoping to complete at least a fraction of the schoolwork that I had intended to do this weekend that never got done because it’s hard to read and take notes while completely horizontal and curled up in a ball. I hope that at least some of you are using your day off to visit family or do something fun, because I won’t be!

No comments:

Post a Comment