Sep 10, 2010

Who Lives In A Pineapple?

3.45 miles in 35:00 today, which included 2:30 for a warm-up and 5:00 for a cool-down. Spongebob Squarepants definitely got me through this one as I’ve been fiddling with my iPod a lot lately because I ran out of room for all of my songs and so the settings were a bit screwy this morning and I had the wrong playlist going. Rather than stopping in the middle of my run, I just watched the TV that was on in the gym and let Spongebob motivate me through my workout. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it! Whatever works, works.

Breakfast was a brazil nut with a side of my classic oatmeal mix. Old-fashioned oats made in Raspberry Zinger tea, mixed with chia seeds, flaxseed meal, and cinnamon, and topped off with Grape Nuts, PB&Co. CRS, cherry preserves, and almonds.

IMG_0014

Yay for today being a short day after yesterday’s longest-day-on-Earth. After breakfast, I read some about carbohydrates for my Nutrition course. After a quick bowl of Kashi GoLean with USVAB and a sprinkle of cinnamon, I was out the door for Food Safety. We’re still covering very general things right now and so it’s pretty boring until we actually get to focus in on one particular pathogen. The bus back was packed like a tin of sardines and it was hot as all get-out. Sweat pit stains and all. What a relief to get out and open the door to my nice air-conditioned apartment and relax back into my Nutrition textbook.

Not sure what my evening has in store for me yet, other than more reading. I really want to hang out with some of my friends, but I’m not sure if that’s going to happen because no one has gotten in touch with me yet today. Tomorrow will be exciting though! I’m getting some real running shoes, going grocery shopping, and actually cooking; with a recipe and everything! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I've been known to watch Spongebob while running at the cardio center as well, haha. It's actually not that bad, probably because I have a very "wide-varietied" (I guess open would be a better word) sense of humor and still find it funny.

    Unsweetened almond breeze is really growing on me... though I think it's just unsweetened milk in general. I wish they didn't come in the asceptic containers though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just a nice distraction since everything in the show seems so disconnected from each other from minute to minute.

    And, yeah, the containers were a bit of a surprise when I was first looking for them in stores. I opened it and was very confused, haha.

    ReplyDelete