Sep 2, 2010

Looking Up and Spaghetti Squash Request

Well, my ankle was still unhappy this morning when I woke up, so I decided to turn things down a notch and went on the stationary bike. Basically, I stayed around the same speed and varied in the resistance.

Time Resistance
0:00-5:00 5
5:00-8:00 10
8:00-9:00 5
9:00-10:00 7
10:00-12:00 11
12:00-15:00 7
Repeat 5:00-15:00 ---
25:00-27:00 10
27:00-30:00 5

Total Distance: 6.93 miles followed by a 0.5 mile cooldown. Sweaty. My average speed was around 13.86 mph and I tried keeping between 75-90 rpm. Then it was back to the apartment for a shower and breakfast. Old-fashioned oats made with Raspberry Zinger tea, mixed with cinnamon, flaxseed meal, and chia seeds, and topped with Grape Nuts, PB&Co. CRS, raspberry preserves, and almonds.

IMG_0004

Next up was my first Nutrition lecture. It turns out that the professor is my new Dietetics advisor. I think I’m really going to like this class, even though it’s over 50% freshmen; I even spoke out in class! Lunch was eaten a bit on the go today because I wanted to be able to talk to the professor. I tried out an Odwalla Super Protein bar. This is the second time that I have not been impressed by Odwalla’s bar products, so I think unless someone can give me a really rave review and completely change my mind, I’m through with trying them. I also had a mandarin orange cup.

IMG_0003 

After my quick lunch was my Honors Biology lecture. I’m not sure if I’m going to like it or not; it is very different than the Biology class that I took last year and in a bad way. But after 80 minutes of sitting on a hard fold-down seat, all I wanted was to get home (took about 50 minutes, by the way). And when I did, it was ready for a treat: Caramel Oikos with Grape Nuts! I finally decided to get them and I am so glad that I did. It was amazing and I can’t wait to try it again!

IMG_0004(1)

Most of the evening was spent reading for Biology and reading for Economics. Yes, this will be what most of my days/nights are like. Dinner was leftovers, but in an entirely new way! I poured the rest of a veggie mix that I had into a bowl, and then simply topped it with some brown rice, salsa, and soy cheddar cheese (so much better than soy swiss cheese, by the way). It was just like a taco salad; it was fantastic.

IMG_0002(1)

Back to reading. I only have one class tomorrow and it’s Food Science. Other than that I only have a few things planned besides homework. I hope that everyone is enjoying non-rainy days where they’re at, because it has rained for the past two days here in Michigan and I do not own an umbrella.

Reader Request (aka Help Me Out Over Here!) – Please post the link to some of your favorite Spaghetti Squash recipes! I bought one the other day and want to do something more with it than simply put Ragu on it for this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. can you tell me is this normal or should i think for it jiodthbookingi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you cut down on the amount of buffalo sauce in the recipe? Will it make it less spicy? My kids wouldn’t eat it the first time because it was too spicy.
    Joseph Donahue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made spaghetti squash for the first time last night and LOVED it! I started eating gluten free recently, and my gluten-eating BF was craving pasta I tried spaghetti squash. He tried a bit of mine, and liked it – so it looks like i’ll be searching out more spaghetti squash recipes.
    Paul Brown

    ReplyDelete