Sep 7, 2010

New Favorite?

The morning started out innocently enough. 1.56 miles on the treadmill followed by 1.76 miles on the elliptical. I sweated up a storm. No shirt on earth was going to wick away all of that moisture. After a quick shower, I made up a bowl of old-fashioned oats with Raspberry Zinger tea, mixed with chia seeds, flaxseed meal, and cinnamon, and topped with Grape Nuts, PB&Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, cherry preserves, and almonds. I wasn’t really in the mood for this combo this morning, but made it anyway because I had already set out all of the components. Maybe tomorrow?

IMG_0002

Shortly after that I was out the door to catch the bus and on to Human Nutrition. Today’s lecture was mostly about why we eat how we eat, the scientific method, and we briefly touched on MyPyramid which we will be expected to use in this big Diet Analysis project we have due in a few months. A short while later I was sitting in Honors Biology talking about “what is life?” and the RNA World. Not too thrilling of a day. Sunshine and wind.

I had another doctor’s appointment this afternoon and they’re ordering more tests since this last batch didn’t turn up anything out of the ordinary (not that we were expecting to find anything). My parents are considering getting a second opinion from some doctors down in Ann Arbor, where there’s a better hospital and so, assuming, better doctors.

Dinner was the other half of my spaghetti squash from yesterday, only this time I just added a little S&P and some soy cheddar cheese. So good! I think that this will become a regular in my kitchen when I’m in the mood for pasta, since I don’t actually really like pasta that much.

IMG_0001

I’ve almost finished the chapter I needed to read for this week for Nutrition, then I’m going to get started on my next section for Economics. I hope everyone had a pleasant day filled with awesome eats. Experiment with new foods! You could end up finding a new favorite just like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment