Jul 31, 2010

Apartment Shopping

I had some dark chocolate squares as my pre-run fuel this morning. I got a late start because I did not feel great, or even decent, but I really wanted to run since it had been a few days since I had done so (I can't wait until I move and have easy access to a gym), so I popped in my earbuds and eventually got right down to it at 8AM. The run itself didn't feel too bad, but the moment I stopped my stomach started acting up again and I had no energy. I suffered through my ab routine, just not doing as many sets or for as long. It's like I hit a wall after my run rather than during it. Once I had plugged my route and time into the computer, it turns out I ran 2.73 miles in 24:40, which is a solid 9-minute-mile average. I guess it's true what they say about listening to music while you run.

Breakfast consisted of finishing off the box of Cinnamon Swirl cereal with a little USVAB and dried cherries. Yay, I can finally open a new box of cereal! They've really been piling up in my cabinet, and those cherries have been sitting in there for some time too, which I've almost finished off as well.

Mom and I went out to do a little apartment shopping for me this afternoon. We were very successful, getting almost everything that was on my list: desk chair, corkboard, floor lamp, bedside lamp, picture frame, socks, and workout clothes. We even got a few new goodies, since we were at Target and they sell some things that I can't find anywhere else. The only downside was that, when we returned home, I found out that one of my cats had destroyed my lab goggles. Ugh. I can't even begin to tell you the massive amounts of money we have had to spend on this cat because she chews on everything. Many electrical appliances have been ruined at her teeth.

The evening was spent in Friends-mode. We got through quite a few episodes before I felt like I was going to pass out from exhaustion. I don't understand. My body is so sore and tired, what is up with this?! Hopefully tomorrow won't be as bad and I'll be able to get a decent workout in. Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment