Jul 30, 2010

Rest

Today was a rest day, meaning no running or DVD workouts. However, I don't think I'd ever be able to take a total rest day. I did still end up doing some ab exercises and covered a bit more distance on my way to/from work. But, since I did not have to do anything this morning, I thought ahead and put together some Overnight Oats last night for a parfait this morning! Overnight oats layers with peanut butter banana soft serve and granola. For the granola topping I simply crushed up half of one of my packages of Kashi TLC Crunchy Pumpkin Spice Flax Granola Bars. Yummy! And it's in a wine glass, because I'm just classy like that. Plus, all of the other dishes were dirty.


Overnight Oats
1/4 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 c USVAB
1 tsp chia seeds

Peanut Butter Banana "Soft Serve"
1 frozen banana
1 Tb peanut butter
splash of almond milk

The rest of the morning was spent watching Enchanted, doing the dishes, and preparing lunch. Work was work. I did not have a meeting this morning, so it wasn't quite so unbearably long, however, next week I have three long days to look forward to in order to conduct experiments. Today I was in a little bit of a tiff because my paycheck was messed up this pay period. I learned that it had something to do with the fact that I dropped a class mid-way through the summer, so now I have to pay for things like Social Security and Medicare. I'm not sure I'm too keen on 20% of my paycheck never making it to my bank account.

As if that were not enough to dampen my mood, I broke a piece of equipment at work and my coworker messed up another one, so since there was nothing for me to do, I went home early. Yay for spontaneous early weekends! Not yay for breaking $100 worth of glassware. But, the time off allowed me to go to the bookstore and get some more supplies for when classes start and also a few for fun books that were on sale! Also some pretty cool postcards. I love finding postcards with beautiful artwork on them and then framing them. Great for decorating and much cheaper than a painting or other piece of art. I have one that hangs on my wall right now that I hope to bring with me when I move and now I'll have another that is more... funky?


Anyway, after I have shopped, I headed over to Lyle's (he had a half day too!) and we got a jump start on our Season 4 marathon. Only got through the first 4 episodes, so that means we only have about 9 more hours of episodes to watch, haha. Lunch was a Tropical Fruit Tart Larabar. It was awesome! The second I bit into it I was blown away by the pineapple flavor. I only wish that the bar had less saturated fat (due to the coconut I reckon), and that the coconut shreds were a bit smaller (I kept picking them out of my teeth for a good hour or two after). This was actually enough to hold me over until I got home around 4:30 and ate, even though I wasn't particularly hungry, some yogurt mixed with Fiber One and a mini muffin, as well as a few peanut butter pretzel nuggets.



Come dinner time I was still not hungry (what is up with this!?), so I made myself an egg white patty with a little Tabasco, with a side of mixed veggies and baked tofu and a clementine. Plenty of protein for a (hopefully) good run tomorrow morning. I really want to get in at least 4 miles, with 5 miles being the best thing that ever happened to me. Darn me and my desire to be fit. I normally would just skip a meal if I had no desire to eat, but since I'm in training now and have to bike/walk virtually everywhere, I force myself to eat so that I have proper fuel. Yes, I could always go back to my old habits, but I love the changes that I have seen in my body, mood, and life too much to regress and sabotage myself like that.




*Sigh* Now on to vegging in front of the tv/computer, reading blogs and my book, and getting more in the weekend mindset. Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment