Jul 27, 2010

Down The Hatch

Woke up at 6 a.m. for the hospital, ready to get it done and over with. The procedure went fine; no complications other than a little blood from the IV. I even got some answers about the pain I've been having, finally! It turns out that I have some pre-ulcers. I'm going to be put on a medication that I have to take 4x a day and I'm no longer allowed to take ibuprofen-based medicines, so, it's looking like it's only Tylenol for me from here on out. Also, my eating will probably suffer quite considerably in the next few weeks because of the medication, since the timing of the doses depends on when I eat and knowing that I'm going to be eating in advance. If you know me and my history, you know that this spells disaster and my parents are of course worried, as they probably should be.

After a very late breakfast, mom and I headed out on the monster of all grocery shopping sprees. I guess that's what happens when you literally have no food in your house. Bad idea, never again. Still have yet to find any of the new Larabar flavors, but I did pick up some new products that I'm quite excited to try out. I know that I have sort of gotten out of the habit of taking pictures, but I'm going to try and start doing that more again. Mostly, I just feel kind of awkward "food blogging", even in my own house where it's just my mom and I. Well, let's just see what we can do about that.

Anyway, today felt like an extra weekend day. Like a weekend in the middle of the week. However, it meant that I was extremely antsy from just sitting around all day for what felt like hours on end. So, I laced up my running shoes and headed out into the heat, since it was only about 4:30. I somehow ran 2.18 miles in 19:57 (this includes 2 stoplights) which is really wicked fast for me and I felt pretty slow. I'm pretty sure that I did not mess up mapping or timing, so I'm not quite sure what this is, because I felt like crap. I would have completed my loop, but I noticed that my fingers on both hands had turned pale and numb so I stopped immediately and basically speed walked the mile or so that I was from home. The medication they have me on for the ulcers isn't responsible for this, so that could not have caused this and my sister (the pharmacist) couldn't think of anything either other than maybe a side effect of the anesthetic they used on me this morning. Either way, it kinda freaked me out.

So I preoccupied myself with making lunch for tomorrow and the next day as well as some mini muffins. Pretty good way to waste an hour. I'll show ya'll the results when they pop up in my life. Unfortunately, I haven't really been hungry at all today, which does not bode well for my run tomorrow morning (hopefully a long one!). Basically every bit of food I've eaten today has had come from me telling myself "You need to eat or tomorrow you will really regret it because your body will not have proper fuel for running, biking, and working". Well, I guess we shall see in the AM...

No comments:

Post a Comment