Jul 8, 2010


Even though I was not that hungry, I forced myself to eat a good breakfast because I know that I won't get even a chance to eat anything until 3.5-4 more hours and that would have meant a very long time since my last meal. I made myself a nice cup of Coconut-Pineapple FF Yogurt with come dried cherries thrown in as well as a side of banana and Nutella. Smiley face breakfast!

In an attempt to break my lunch rut, I made a small salad for myself this morning (though for some reason this took me about 10 minutes and had me rushing out the door to get to work) and accompanied the salad with the last of my soynuts.

Mozzarella Cheese
All topped off with some dijon-type salad dressing

The ride home was a struggle-fest, as it always seems to be. I passed by the university's organics stand which is set up every Thursday. I almost stopped to look around, but their products did not really look that great and I knew I would be hitting up my local Farmer's Market this weekend (opening weekend!). After a little hydration and cooling down in front of the fan (it's not really hot out, but it's humid), Lyle and I headed out to expand my culinary horizons in my own hometown.

We walked to Potbelly's, where I got a TKY. It wasn't terrible, but it definitely would not be my first choice if I had a hankering for a sandwich. We walked back and were only interrupted momentarily when there was a freak rainstorm rolling through town. Then it was quickly back home. Walking took a lot longer than expected.

Because the weather was so disfavorable this evening, I decided to pop in a workout DVD instead of going for a run this evening (it's good to shake things up a bit sometimes, right?). This was my first time following The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga with Bob Harper. Since I felt like I could handle it, I decided to do the Warm Up, Level I, Level II, and the Cool Down.

It wasn't quite the sweat-fest that I was hoping it would be. That's not to say that I wasn't working hard. I followed Bob for the entire 40 minutes that the DVD was playing, just that I didn't feel like I had worked out afterwards. Because of this, I'm not calm and peaceful like I normally am after working out. Bummer. I think I'll stick with my other DVDs from now on if I'm banished from running outdoors again.

No comments:

Post a Comment