Jul 21, 2010

When Is The End?

Pilates was a bit of a struggle this morning. I think it was because I did not have time to eat a piece of fruit or anything before I had to start. However, I love pilates-in-the-morning days because then I have enough time to eat oatmeal during the week! I've been tweaking my Reese's PB Cup Oatmeal recipe and added less cocoa powder today, added flax, and topped it off with a little fiber cereal. It was very tasty and satisfying.

Today is a long day. Not work-wise, thank goodness, but in terms of things I have to do and the amount of time it takes to do them. Like today, I had to pick my mother's car up from a parking garage. However, I had to ride my bike home and then walk 3 miles to get to the car in order to drive it home. I'm not averse to exercise in any way, it's just that walking that distance takes about 30 or 40 minutes and it's not even that exciting of a walk in terms of things to see. But, it had to get done and this seemed like the least complicated way to do this. Now you may be thinking, "Why couldn't you have just riden your bike to the car and put the bike in the trunk and driven it back?" Well, reader, the answer is simple: The car is too small and the bike is too big. I may have been able to get the bike inside, but if I had there is no way it would be able to get itself out of there.

To keep my strength up during the day, I forced myself to eat a Pecan Pie Larabar. It wasn't fantastic. I usually love Larabars for their short ingredient lists and, of course, their deliciousness, but this was only just well and fine for me today. I have a different flavor waiting to be eaten in my special cupboard at home (yes, I do have a cupboard that's full of foods that only I eat). If only I could get my hands on one of those new flavors.


After scrambling around through this transportation mess, I was off to have a Mexican dinner with Lyle and my dad. Then it was off to watch several episodes of Friends before it was time to go back to my own home and sleep.

With my mom away until Monday night, I am determined to clear out some of the stuff we have in the fridge, freezer, pantry, and of course my cupboard. No groceries trips for me until I actually use stuff that was bought a month or even more ago. I don't like things going to waste. It may take me right up until the expiration dat, but things will get used if I have my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment