Jul 23, 2010

TGIF Times Ten

Due to my early morning meeting, there was no running, and even if I had not had to go to a meeting this morning there still would have been no running because of the terrible, terrible humidity outside. Oh, how I cannot wait until I am in my new apartment and have a nearby, "free" gym in which to run and cycle to my heart's content. So, since this forecast appears to be continuing throughout the day and night, I had to resound myself to an hour of DVD pilates. Not terrible, but sometimes you just really want to run and that just is not possible in this kind of weather for me (alas, my poor, weak breathing).

Because of the time not spent running, I made a big bowl of Princess Oatmeal. It was way too sweet. I think if I ever attempt this again, I would use about half as many raspberries because this was borderline diebetes-inducing (and all just from the fruit!) I felt like I had to put in the peanut butter and cereal just to cut the sweetness a bit, but it did not help much.


1/4 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 banana
1/2 c smashed raspberries
Almond extract
Peanut butter
Grape Nuts

Work was spent taking what felt like hundreds of measurements for hours on end. Really the only bits of happiness I gleamed were from my fab salad (goat cheese!), a PureBar, and the fact that I have a tentative last day of work scheduled. But, it's the weekend so that automatically makes everything fabulous! Mine will be filled with chores around the house, running, watching old episodes of Friends, and hopefully going to go see Inception.

After some fruit, laundry underway, and a couple of episodes of Friends under my belt, I set out for my run. My body really does not like about the first 1.2-1.5 miles that I run, and I have come to realize that as long as I persevere, the soreness will stop and running can actually feel good, but only if I continue. So, today I pushed. I had a goal, and I  met it head on. Which is why I am here now, almost 42 minutes later and 4.15 miles added to my running shoes. Ahh, what bliss. Now, of course, my body is in a bunch of discomfort because of whatever it is that is as of yet undiagnosed (but hopefully not for long) wrong with me.

Does anyone know if artificial sweeteners (even a small amount), could be doing this to me? I had a very small piece of sugar-free candy a little before I set out. Please, any input at all would be a ton of help.

Question of the Day: What are your weekend plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment