Jul 22, 2010

Rain, Rain

Tried running intervals again this morning. I was slightly less successful, not wanting to move my feet and all. But, I did what I had to do: 3.14 miles done and over with. I'm really hoping that I stop feeling cruddy real soon, or else this upcoming charity race will be a lot less fun that I hoped it would be. Charity runs should not be torturous. You're there because you want to be there and may even really be supportive of and can relate to whatever the charity stands for.

I managed to get a lot of reading done yesterday on my walk to pick up my mom's car. I actually kind of like this book: The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Quite weird and disconnected feeling, but I like reading in short bursts, since that's the kind of lifestyle I live and the kind of attention span I possess. That's one of the reasons that I like Dan Brown's books as well. Short chapters and a lot of conversation and short thoughts so I can take a break at pretty much any time.

Work was, well, let's just say that I believe more and more every day that this is really not what I want to be earning my degree for. I'm the kind of person who if I don't love what I do, or get some sort of satisfaction out of it, will probably not do it at all, or if I do do it then you will know that I hate it. I am a complainer and,  boy, do I know it. And everyone around me will certainly know that as well.

It all just built up to the pivotal ride home. The sky darkened. The rain began to fall until they were big, fat blogs of water. Then the lightning flashed. And, finally, the thunder. Where was I during all this, you ask? Well, on my bike of course, riding faster than any biker has ever biked before.

Thus, the evening was wiled away playing computer games, eating snack foods, and watching television. Early morning meeting tomorrow means late run tomorrow and so I get to actually make a nice breakfast for myself! Hmmm... Might run a little bit a little later tonight. I have another goal in mind that I wouldn't mind reaching, and it would require a little extra running time than I've been putting in lately to get accomplished. Go team!

No comments:

Post a Comment