Jul 14, 2010

Fat Man On My Chest

Today was my running rest day, however I did still wake up early because I don't want to get out of the habit of doing that. Instead, this morning I did a short bit of yoga to get my body opened up and, since I actually had time today, made some oatmeal! But not just any oatmeal, this was like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. I added cocoa powder, peanut butter (have to use it all up before I try almond butter), almonds, and chocolate chips. Don't worry, I health-ified it by adding some wheat germ and banana slices. This was definitely worth the wait of not having any oats for about a week now. Ah! I missed them. Sorry, no picture. Once it got all stirred up, it wasn't what one would call 'picturesque'.

How is it that I can feel fine when I'm at home (okay, not last night, but usually), but as soon as I come in to work I feel like I'm suffocating? Literally. I get light-headed and it's hard to breathe, and when I do it sort of feels cold. What is up with that? Not only this, but I was tired as all get out starting around 11:30. Luckily, I have a job where I can listen to an iPod or I probably would have been struggling to stay awake a lot more. On top of all that (or maybe because of all that), I kept messing up. I just don't know if this is what I want to do anymore. Major change in the near future? At least I'm working on it now after my first year rather than in my senior year. I sent out a bunch of e-mails, now I just have to hope for speedy responses.

I was not feeling top notch all day, so I didn't end up eating much. Almonds mostly. Then, when I got home I received some bad news. My doctor's appointment scheduled for tomorrow was cancelled and I have to reschedule, which probably means waiting a month or more just to get a visit, let alone any idea on tests I need to have done on me. Then I jetted off to go watch a few episodes of Friends as Lyle slept (haha) and eat the salad I was meant to have a lunch. It was the end of the Asian salads for a while, since that was the last of my tofu and sprouts. Oh well. Means I'll be able to clear out some more space in the cabinets. Out with the old, in with the new. But, I can't get the new until I have some room for it all!

Now I'm back home and tired as all get out. I have to cancel a lot of the plans I had made for tomorrow, like laundry and cleaning and planning. I guess that's life, but I will for sure get some kind of work out in before work (hopefully a run, but that will depend on the weather). Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment