Jul 20, 2010

Down In Flames

I somehow managed to drag my butt out of bed this morning, probably due to the fact that I knew my run would be short because of last night's unintentional long run. So, I headed out not feeling the greatest, but when I have a goal in mind it's hard to talk myself out of anything. Taking The Fitnessista's advice, I utilized intervals this morning: 5 minute steady run, followed by cycles of fast running for 30 seconds and slower running for 60 seconds throughout my route. This appears to have decreased my time, which is good. Maybe I'll be able to do this during my race next month. I ran 2.41 miles in 23:37, which is 12 seconds per mile faster than just running at my steady pace.

I've continued feeling sick for most of the day every day for this past week. Next Tuesday couldn't come soon enough, I say. I can't wait to finally find out what has been wrong with me all these months and fix it so that I can actually enjoy life again without having to adjust my life around my dysfunctional body. I already can't handle "normal" sized meals, which isn't a terrible thing. But eating many small things throughout the day feels really quite time consuming. In the meantime, however, I have to continuing going to work and continue having all of my energy zapped as soon as I enter those doors. Actually, that's a lie; all of my energy gets drained the moment I step out of the house. I really don't know what's wrong, and I'm really hoping that once this pain thing gets fixed so will the energy drain problem, because remembering to take my vitamins and eating right does not seem to be helping.

Right now I'm just stressed and tired. There never seems to be enough time to do all of the things that I need and want to do in the time I have available. Oh, Time Turner from Harry Potter, why can't you be real!? I just don't think that I can wait another week in order to catch up on sleep before I crash and burn. Which is why I planned on taking a nap as soon as I got home. Nothing too epic; an hour tops. I'm not sure if I actually ever fell asleep, I felt much too alert to have passed out. But, I got up in an hour anyways, had a snack, and waited for my mother to get home so that we could take a trip to the grocery store.

I got some nice, sinful treats. When you crave something, you should listen to that craving, just make the smartest choice available that still satisfies that craving. Now I'm off to play computer games, watch Pretty Little Liars, and surf in the internet until tomorrow morning's Pilates DVD session with Ellen. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment