Aug 1, 2010

August

Wow, August already. It did not start on the greatest note. Woke up to the internet not working, so it took about 30-45 minutes to get that all sorted out. Luckily, I'm not completely inept when it comes to technology and was able to fix the problem and the house now has internet again, yay! Pre-workout snack was a few squares of dark chocolate (still loving this). Again, I decided to go running a bit later than usual. Mostly because for the past few nights I've awoken in the middle of the night to terrible leg cramps which I can still feel the next morning.

Running was a struggle, no doubt. I was a little lightheaded throughout the whole thing, basically, but I finished fine. 3.11 miles in 31:05, which is slower than I would have liked, but given how I've been feeling I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Breakfast was a nice, hot mug of oatmeal with peanut butter, dried cherries, Grape Nuts and cinnamon. Quaker Weight Control Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal is my favorite instant variety of oatmeal (I got the Weight Control variety because it had the most protein), but this is a pretty good alternative, especially since I made it in the microwave instead of the stove top. I actually prefer the microwave texture to the stove top texture.


Most of the rest of the day was spent reading (60% of my book read through), listening to the TV in the background (I can't stand absolute silence), and eating. I snacked on a nectarine, which I have not had in ages and now am seriously considering buying many more in the near future. I bored of these activities fairly quickly, and so "jetted" off on my bike over to a Redbox to rent a movie: Shutter Island, which I've heard some pretty good reviews about. Of course, nothing can beat Leo's latest (Inception), but it can sure try.


I didn't really get it, but then again I was not really paying attention or watching the screen while it was playing. Oh well, I don't feel like I really missed out that much by not watching. And it's a Redbox rental, so you hardly feel any guilt for the rental price, especially considering that it didn't even have the movie that my mother and I wanted in the first place: The Lightning Thief.

I've been having some pretty serious and long-lasting nausea since I've started on this medication, so I haven't been eating much of anything (in case you didn't notice). I think it's really starting to take a toll on my body and adversely affecting my running, which stinks, but I can't think of anything that I can do about it, and I still have several more weeks of this stuff yet to get through, since the ulcers are still there and unhealed. Any advice, anyone?

First long day of the week tomorrow, I'll be starting off with a round of Jillian since that's all I have time for and don't think I will have the strength to be able to run again tomorrow morning. Only 19 more work days ahead of me and then it's back to university!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! dont you just love jillian tapes tehre so convientent for a quick workout! love your blog, great eats! keep at it and enjoy your week!
    Ashley
    chewingoncherries.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have to love her! Well, hate her at the time you're doing the video, but love her in the end for kicking your butt in just 20 minutes!

    ReplyDelete