Aug 18, 2010

URE, Now With More Barium!

CT scan was this morning. It was a disaster from the very start. First off, we were scheduled for a time during which the doctor's office was not even open, so we had to wait for 45 minutes in the car waiting for the building to unlock. Then, once we got in, I still had to drink a bunch of barium for the contrast. However, the barium made me nauseous and very full, so I could not finish the two bottles that they require of patients. Luckily, since I'm tiny, they let me off with only finishing a bottle and some change. During this whole time I was lightheaded, cold, and had low blood pressure (blue fingernails are only okay if they are painted that way). Once they actually got me back and into the machine it wasn't so bad. The IV iodine irritated my veins a bit and was painful for a minute, but other than that the actual scan went well and was uneventful.

Moving on, once I got back home I still didn't feel too well, but I knew that I needed to eat something, so I grabbed half of a Kashi TLC Peanut Peanut Butter Chewy Granola Bar. Like most granola bars, I thought it was too dry, but not bad regardless. Also, a Deep Chocolate VitaTop. I've always been a fan of the top part of cupcakes, muffins, etc. so I thoroughly enjoyed this. I just wish that they had some of the other flavors at my grocery store, this was the only flavor offered, but, hey, at least it's chocolate. And has tons of fiber and vitamins! I would definitely consider buying these again, especially since there were only four in the box. Note to self: not good frozen; let thaw first.


Yay for Blogger's updated photo uploader! Anyways, I didn't do much today after the appointment. There was no way that I was going to go in to the lab after the way I felt before and during the procedure. Mostly, I read and worked on making a grocery list, since my mom and I would be going this afternoon (in serious need of fresh fruit, especially bananas!). We scored some sweet deals, and since I did my homework (checked sales and coupons ahead of time and against what we already have on hand), I was able to save us over $20! *Big pat on the back*. Despite that, grocery shopping (really shopping of any type) put me in a bad mood and I was ready to get home where I made this:


Chopped broccoli with Amy's Macaroni & Soy Cheeze (vegetarian, organic, lactose-free, kosher) and a fresh nectarine on the side. I made up a big bag of frozen broccoli and a container of the macaroni and cheeze and then split it all between two containers for a more manageable serving. I love adding broccoli or peas to my pasta dishes, especially alfredos and mac&cheeses. So, if I had made up the entire tray plus ~2 c broccoli, that would have been quite a bit of food on my plate! The macaroni was incredible. I'm so glad that I have another serving of this waiting for me in my fridge! I haven't gotten the chance to try many Amy's products because they are so expensive, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for sales so I can try something else. Any recommendations from the Amy's Kitchen product line?

My run went stunningly this evening! 3.63 miles in 31:30 (8:40 pace!). I can really feel my legs getting stronger, especially in the past few days. They look bigger, but it's like a muscle-y big rather than a fat blob big, which if I have to gain weight and inches, is preferable. I mean, even women want six-pack abs and sculpted buns and thighs. Since I was so proud of my run, and of my progress, here is a never-before-seen look at URE, post-run; sweat and all. Note: Do not expect another one of these until my 5K in late September!:


On another note, I am so jealous of people who have Trader Joe's and/or Whole Foods! The nearest TJ's is 50 miles away; likewise for Whole Foods. I live right next to the capital of the state of Michigan and still I have no access to these amazing stores! Where is the justice?! I am begging to the food and healthy living gods that I will end up in a town with these stores less than 25 minutes away. I feel like that is a reasonable cut-off distance. Not too far, but not so close that I'll go there every day and go broke (I've read quite a bit about "Whole Paycheck" on The Fitnessista's blog). Or I could just beg that my friends at the University of Michigan or fellow bloggers will send me yummy treats!

Quote of the Day: "The freedom of Cross Country is so primitive. It's woman vs. nature." - Lynn Jennings

No comments:

Post a Comment