Aug 14, 2010

NRG!

Long run this morning! I started out eating my free sample from PowerBar, but was sorely disappointed. For a GelBlast, I was surprised by the absence of any gel. Or flavor. However, my run was pretty awesome, and I guess, considering how my week has been, the GelBlasts had to have contributed to that in some way, right? I may use my coupons to try the other flavor. 5.61 miles in 52:44. That's a 9:24 pace and includes about 2 minutes of walking (I was helping out a woman who needed directions to the fire station)! The goal was 6 miles, but this wasn't too bad considering the fact that I didn't map out the route beforehand. I refueled with a banana and some Orange Powerade Zero (so good).


Once my stomach had settled a bit, I settled down for a real treat. Oats in a jar (OIAJ)! In the mix went old-fashioned oats, cinnamon, peanut butter, almond butter, flaxseed meal, raspberry preserves, cocoa powder, and fresh strawberries. Sadly, I'm not on the almond butter fan train. It's just too mild and bland for my personal tastes. But, I still have half of a packet of almond butter I have to make my way through in the next day or two. Waste nothing. I smelled fresh strawberries the other day while grocery shopping and I just had to get some. And, really, what goes better with strawberries than chocolate?



Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Oatmeal
1/3 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 c hot water
cinnamon
1 T flaxseed meal
1 T raspberry preserves
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 c strawberries
1 T almond butter
almost empty peanut butter jar

Now I'm off to hang out with Lyle for the rest of the day. Until tomorrow, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment