Aug 16, 2010

One Sick Puppy

After crying and being in the fetal position for about 5 or 6 hours last night, I thankfully woke up this morning with no pain and was able to run and, thus, go to work. My run was amazing though. It was nice and cool out so I didn't get dehydrated or overheat or anything; I found a good breathing rhythm and I felt like I was just soaring over the pavement. 3.18 miles in 29:09; so fast (9:10 pace)! Ah, dark chocolate never lets me down when I am in running fuel need.

New jar of peanut butter this morning for my oats. I finally get to try Peanut Butter & Co.'s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl! I can't wait to try some of their other decadent flavors. I feel like this flavor was too subtle. I couldn't taste it in my oats this morning even though I added the same amount of peanut butter that I always do! Old-fashioned oats, cinnamon, Grape Nuts, flaxseed meal, raspberry preserves, 1/2 banana, and PB&C. I've only used natural peanut butter once before and had forgotten how much you have to mix up the jar before you use it! I miss my thicker peanut butter a bit, I think, but I know that it just takes getting used to.


Since I didn't feel too terrible after breakfast, only a little bit of pain and discomfort, and that fact that I had to skip on Friday, I decided to tough it out and go to work until my doctor's appointment at 3:30 that afternoon. After the horror that was last night, we had phoned their office and requested another appointment right away because this was something that just could not wait another month and a half. So, I worked a few hours less than I usually do, and luckily my co-workers and superiors are sympathetic and allowed me some light tasks (although I consider all of my tasks pretty light work, so I'm not sure what the difference was, but was appreciated nonetheless).

Lunch was a Gingersnap Larabar with a side of strawberries and the rest of the banana from my oats this morning and I ate a Strawberry greek yogurt later in the day before I left for my appointment. The Gingersnap flavor was a bit too strong for me (lots of ginger and cloves). Though I suppose it reminded me of a gingerbread cookie or a gingersnap, which I usually enjoy in small doses around the holidays, but I don't think I'll be buying this flavor again. Oh well, at least I get to check it off the list of bars I've tried.


At work today I started the second book in the Stephanie Plum series: Two for the Dough. I could have gotten a lot further in it, but my head was in a complete fog today. I don't know if it's lightheadedness or what, but my head/eyes were definitely not behaving like they should have been. The doctor appointment went well. I have a CT scan scheduled in a couple of days and another appointment early next week, so hopefully something will show up. Until then, I'm just supposed to continue taking the pills I've been prescribed even though I don't know if they're doing anything or not.

Now I'm off to settle down with a bowl of Fudge Tracks ice-cream. Sadly, it seems that my window of opportunity to try out the Limited Edition Toy Story Lemonade Swirl flavor has closed. I did not see even a single carton when we were at the store the other day, when I know I had seen some a few days before! The store locator function on Edy's website has just confirmed my theory. It is gone. Forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment