Aug 30, 2010

Gym Excursion

The alarm went off this morning at 6:30am, as per usual, but I hit the snooze button and allowed myself another hour of sleep before rising and hitting the fitness center for the first time. At 8am, there was only me and one other girl there, which I’m hoping is the norm since I’m used to running alone and with no one else around. Anyways, after 2 squares of Lindt Intense Orange, copious amounts of water, and with notecard in hand, I was off to the gym to try my first real treadmill workout, adapted from here.

Time Speed Incline
0:00 – 3:00 3.5 0
3:00 – 5:00 6.0 1
5:00 – 6:00 6.5 0
6:00 – 8:00 6.0 2
8:00 – 9:00 7.0 0
9:00 – 11:00 6.0 3
11:00 – 12:00 7.5 0
12:00 – 14:00 6.0 4
14:00 – 15:00 7.0 0
15:00 – 17:00 6.0 3
17:00 – 19:00 3.5 2
19:00 – 22:00 Cool Down 0

It came out to being 1.88 miles, which does not seem like that much, but I was still sweating up a storm. I came back to the apartment to do my core work, and then it was time for oatmeal. Old-fashioned oatmeal made with Raspberry Zinger tea, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, Grape Nuts, PB&Co. CRS, raspberry preserves, and chopped almonds. Today I realized that it takes me about 15-20 minutes to make up just one mug of oats in the morning. Good thing I love it so much or else I might actually be upset that I spend so much time on such a little nugget of oaty goodness.

IMG_0026

A little later on, I snacked on a Chocolate Brownie Clif Z-Bar, which I didn’t like as much as the Chocolate Chip flavor, as well as a banana. Lunch was the miso soup that came free with the sushi Alli and I ordered the other day. I adore miso soup. This seemed like a particularly good batch, too; it had huge chunks of seaweed. Afternoon snack was Cascadian Farm Organic Raisin Bran with USVAB and a Pink Lady apple. I miss my Honey Nut O’s, but these are a good enough substitute for now. And I just love this bowl! It’s the perfect size for a single serving of cereal.

IMG_0002

Plans for this evening are to check out U-Fest, which is essentially this huge event at the university’s student Union with lots of free goodies. I’m in college; it’s basically the law that I do anything and everything for free stuff, right? Other than that, I’m not sure. I guess I’ll see where the evening takes me. It’s Welcome Week, so there’s always tons of options to pick from. I hope everyone enjoyed their Monday; it was so weird for me to not be at working today that I almost forgot that it’s not the weekend anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment