Aug 5, 2010

Yogi

Mmm... chocolate. I found this on my shopping adventure to Target the other day: NewTree Belgian Biscuit. It has golden flax seeds, omega-3s, fiber, and 30% less sugar than other chocolate bars. This baby did not disappoint. If only I went to Target more than maybe once I year, but contemplating stopping by there this weekend since I'm in the neighborhood for my haircut anyways.




Moving on... I was not up for another run this morning, nor was there really the time for it, so I decided on a little Yoga for Runners from my free YogaDownload.com podcasts. I still don't really consider yoga a workout (don't hate me!), but it was a good change of pace since I am a little tired of my DVDs by this point and it was a nice 25-minute way to start the day, and without the need of a shower because I didn't work up a sweat! Namaste...




Breakfast was an oldie but a goodie: oats with peanut butter, raspberry preserves, flax meal, cinnamon, and Grape Nuts. I'm finally making headway with my jar of peanut butter and, so, the appearance of OIAJ should be appearing here in the next week or two! I cannot wait. I envy those who have people helping them with their nut butter jars and can have OIAJ almost weekly. Maybe that just means that I will learn to enjoy them even more because they are scarcer in my household.




Early day at work for a long experiment (about 6 hours plus set-up and take-down). Mid-afternoon snack of chocolate pudding and Fiber One, with a Coconut Cream Pie Larabar, clementines, and pomegranate fruit leather for lunch. This bar did not impress. There was very little flavor for something with the word "coconut" in the title. I may even like this one less than the Cashew Cookie, because at least that tasted like what it was named after.



The day dragged on and the clock seemed to slow. I use the template I have to fill out for recording measurements at work as a sort of progress bar for my day. I get all giddy and excited when I see that I have less than a screen's worth of Excel columns yet to fill. Does anybody else do things like this when they have a daunting task ahead of them? I do this sort of thing with reading and running as well; thinking of it in terms of a percentage completed. Yes, once again, I am a nerd and proud of it.



I was craving a wrap for dinner, but did not have all the necessary items to make the ultimate wrap of deliciousness, but I improvised with what we had: high fiber tortilla, garbanzo beans, cucumber, carrot, romaine lettuce, swiss soy cheese, and Italian dressing. It tasted a little bit weird, but it wasn't enough to make me not finish it. Hopefully after I go to the grocery store tonight I will be able to make a proper, craving-satisfying wrap.




P.S. Meijer has an awful chocolate bar selection. Now I really do have to wait until Saturday in order to get my chocolate fix. Sad day. Well, have to be into work even earlier than I was today, so, I guess this is "over-and-out", everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment