Aug 11, 2010

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Square of dark chocolate followed by 2.41 miles this morning, although apparently I was moving pretty slow. I feel like I'm facing a setback, but I don't know how or why or how to get past it and back to how I felt a week ago. It wasn't all together too comfortable muscle and breathing-wise, but at least it wasn't the disaster that yesterday's run was. Breakfast was 1/3 c old-fashioned oats made in water, with cinnamon, peanut butter, flax meal, raspberry preserves, pomegranate Craisins, and Grape Nuts.


Hump day and, thankfully, not a long day at work as well. I have some salad components that need to get used in my fridge, so I decided to forgo my usual bar of some type at lunch for a salad. Romaine lettuce, crunchy sprouts, scant handful of almonds (healthy fats!), and cucumber in a Light Asian Sesame dressing, as well as a side of Annie's Cheddar Bunnies and a Gala apple for later in the day.

Although my day was less "involved" than usual (I didn't have to record as many number as usual), my body felt like utter crud. It was one of those days where I just wanted to stay in my PJs and crawl under my covers for a few hours with some hot soup. That's not to say that I have a summer cold or anything coming on, my body just would have preferred to not be out and about.

It was another scorcher of a day in the Midwest (90deg!), and also a really crappy, rainy, thunderstomy kind of a day. So, after my bike ride home I decided to indulge in a bowl of Edy's Cherry Chocolate Chip ice-cream to lighten the dreary, gloomy mood. This was my first time getting this flavor, and although it is not terrible, I didn't really like the fake cherry pieces that were mixed in, but the chocolate chips were excellent! Now on to reading, watching tv, and making lists. It's crazy to think that classes start in just three weeks!

Also waiting for me when I arrived back home was a free sample that I requested from PowerBar! I got sent a packet of Raspberry Gel Blasts Energy Chews with PowerBar's C2MAX energy blend which they found to deliver 20-50% more energy to muscles than glucose alone and improves endurance performance by 8%. I'm not sure how true those statements are, but they're in the literature put out by PowerBar. I think I'll try them out this weekend when I try for another long run and give you a review. The free sample also came with some coupons should you decide to buy this product yourself in stores. It's not too late to request your own!

1 comment:

  1. When running starts getting harder, your body may need extra rest. Curl up under those covers and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete