Aug 20, 2010

Doubt Your Doubts

I ate the last of my Endangered Species All-Natural Dark Chocolate with Mint (Rainforest) this morning for pre-run fuel. Since I plan on tomorrow being a long run, I only did 2.23 miles in 19:56 (8:54 pace). I was finally in the mood for oats again this morning, so I made up a mug of 1/3 c old-fashioned oats, 1 T PB&Co. CRS, 1 T flaxseed meal, 2 T Grape Nuts, 1 T raspberry preserves, 1/2 tsp chia seeds, and 1 T shredded coconut.


As the oats were cooking, I packed up lunch. Homemade trail mix, made with almonds, pomegranate Craisins, and chocolate chips, and a fresh nectarine made up the bulk of my lunch, and I threw in a Chocolate Chip Clif Z-Bar for a snack to hold me over. I have a pretty large bag of almonds and chia seeds that I'm trying to use up as much as possible before I move in a week. Actually, that's true of basically all of my foods. I know that my mother will want me to keep some things at home, because she thinks I'll be here all the time apparently, and I think that's a good idea to some degree to have a box of cereal or some cans of soup in the pantry that I could eat if I ever have to stop by for extended periods of time, but I will want to bring most of my stuff with me when I go.


TGIF! Today has been such a good day so far! On my way in to work, a guy who was blowing grass trimmings and whatnot even turned his machine off so that I could bike through without getting gunk in my eyes! (I still did, but it's the gesture that counts.) I also love Z-Bars. I don't care if they're marketed to be for kids; I like them and I'm gonna eat them, gosh darn it! Good food is good food and we shouldn't categorize it as "kiddie" or "adult".

After work, I was siked to get home. I had popped some pineapple tidbits into the freezer before I left for work, so that I could make this beauty when I got home:


My very first SIAB (Smoothie In A Bowl)! I'm going to try my first something else tomorrow after my run, but you'll just have to wait and see! I've put it off until now just because I did not have all of the necessary ingredients until we went to the store the other day and I actually remembered to put it down on the shopping list. Anyways, into the blender went: 1/3 c USVAB, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 T PB&Co. CRS, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c frozen pineapple, 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, and ~ 8 ice cubes.

The verdict? YUM! Xanthan gum really is a miracle worker. I usually hate to drink my calories, it's an old ED thing that has stuck around, but by adding XG to thicken the smoothie, and then putting it in a bowl, I feel more comfortable with it, and I'm glad that I tried it out and am excited to try out new combinations of add-ins now! The pineapple flavor was in the forefront, so it was like a mini tropical vacation in my dining room as I was eating it. Oh! And I noticed my cats acting a little funny, and it turns out there was a huge spider on the wall! I ran away, but not before taking a picture first (so very blogger-ish of me), from the other side of the room, of course.


For dinner a few hours later, I finished up the other half of my Macaroni & Cheeze with broccoli, just adding some salt and pepper to season and popped into the microwave for a minute or two. After that was all warmed up, I added some chopped tomato that I bought the other day from the Student Organic Farm booth on campus. I don't know what it is, but the tomato made this already awesome dish even better! Happy tummy, happy URE. My camera seriously does not do this dish justice. I have yet to learn how to really capture the vibrancy of the colors in my dishes. Any advice?


Here are some of the pricier items from my fairly decent-sized Amazon wishlist, reserved for Christmas, my birthday, and when I'm feeling extremely generous towards myself, not counting what I have on my "private" wish list (things I just want to remember, sort of want, or may get one day long from now if I have extra cash and no other way to get the items):
  • Canon Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens
  • Apple iPod Classic 160GB in Silver (7th Generation)
  • Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS Receiver with Heart Rate Monitor
I can only hope to get one of these for each holiday (Christmas/birthday) from now until Christmas 2011 and I would be totally happy! Oh! And more good news. I'm getting new, actual running shoes in a few weeks (after the start of the month), and I'm so excited! All I've been using are my Reebok EasyTone Rush SF shoes that I received last Christmas. They're fine shoes, but they weren't made for running (and, in fact, aren't even made any more). I'm pretty sure that I'm flat-footed, since my foot cramps up if I point it, so I think that I may need a more specialized kind of shoe for my feet, but if it means that I run better and lose my goofy footing I think that it's worth it.

Well, I am going to go continue packing. I move into my new apartment ONE WEEK from today and have a lot to do before then. Not to mention the fact that my last day of work is on Thursday and I get the results of my CT scan Tuesday. Plus my little vacation to Holland tomorrow, which I need to plan and pack for a bit more. Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment